LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polymorphic VI Editor Scroll When Dragging Terminal

Solved!
Go to solution

I have little hope of this actually getting fixed but it is a major annoyance when you are updating polymorphic VIs.  If you have a list of polymorphic VIs, scroll down, open one, then drag a terminal into a structure.  In 2017 it will attempt to auto wire maintaining the connections it had.  When LabVIEW does this for some reason it scrolls the polymorphic window all the way back to the top.  When you have a hundred VIs in a polymorphic VI this constant scrolling back up top is a pain.  Here is a video showing the behavior on a DAQmx polymorphic VI.

https://www.screencast.com/t/OCa8mkpBhwdI

I have noticed times when this window will scroll to the top randomly during other operations too but this was the one that I could isolate and record.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,369 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hooovahh

Hooovahh,

I was able to reproduce this issue on my side as well. I went ahead and filed a report on it, the ID number for this bug is 690068.

I do agree that it is uncertain whether we will be able to get around to changing the behavior, but R&D is now aware of it, and if it is fixed in the future, this ID number will appear in the bug fixes list for future patches or versions of LabVIEW!

VanCamp

Message 2 of 3
(2,311 Views)

What's the CAR number?

Edit: It's 690068 if you also can't read like me

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,297 Views)