LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poll byte never received - Ando AQ6317 OSA - pulse mode measurement only

Hello everyone,

I apologize in advance if this issue is discusses somewhere, but simply, I couldn't find it.

The VI on the picture is a sub-via of a much bigger test configuration for characterization of laser diodes. The whole setup uses Keithley signal generator and the OSA (Ando Optical Spectral Analyzer) for analysis. The whole thing works perfectly fine in a normal DC operation mode. However, when I try to measure in pulse mode, the whole system gets stuck, and a restart of everything is needed. All instruments are connected via GPIB. I thought that maybe the pulse timing is too fast for this OSA, but the problem is that the pulse mode was working before, and except for minor usual LabVIEW updates, nothing changed. I tried to trace the problem with the debugging option, and it seems the loop on the photo becomes an infinite loop. It simply never receives the poll byte 65 (indicated on the photo) to exit the loop. I am not familiar with the signal polling. Could anyone please give me some information how this works, and what could cause this issue? Do I need to change the code in a way, or the hardware maybe. I tried with changing the pulse width and times, but nothing works.

Thank you very very much for any input!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,558 Views)