From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polar Plot

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there,

I was trying to simulate a radar in LABView using Polar Plot. I coded it as the images below. The program is running without informing any errors but it did not appear anything in the chart. 
Could you please show me the reasons?
Thank you!

AlexT123_1-1588169955006.png

AlexT123_0-1588169932805.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,622 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AlexT123

Hi Alex,

The plot needs at least 2 points to create a line and you are giving only 1 data point. 

Extend the "build array.vi". Connect the appended array to the right of the while loop, right click on the terminal which will appear and create a shift register. Then connect the left shift register to the "build array.vi". And initialise the shift register.

On a side note : you may prefer to use "bundle by name" instead of "bundle" for the plot attributes. And also put the property node outside of the loop as it needs to be read only once.

Yddet_0-1588171146138.png

Yddet

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,612 Views)

Thank you bro,

Thats right. I can plot the graph now. I am very appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,554 Views)

Just found your post whilst searching polar plots. Did this work? Can you show me a picture of the type of plots you are producing?

Thanks,

Paul

"When I read about the horrors of drinking, I gave up reading"
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,322 Views)

@MancPablo wrote:

Just found your post whilst searching polar plots. Did this work? Can you show me a picture of the type of plots you are producing?

It will do line plots, similar to an xy graph. It will not really work for what you are trying to do here (intensity as a function of xy position).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,290 Views)