LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pocket PC 2003 device

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a legacy project that I believe was written in LabVIEW 8.5 ish that I need to open and modify. Its a program for an older TPC-2006.  I need to make it work with a newer touch screen (i.e TPC-2206).  The problem is when I open it with LV 2015 the section of code for the touch screen says that I do not have the softwae installed for the Pocke PC 2003 device.  What are my options?  Can I get a version of the software that will install under LV2015?  Can I convert the old project version to a new project version so I can open it and fix it?  Will I have to install a version of LV 8.5?

I searched the forum and all the messages i found were around the 2008 time frame and didn't address this issue.

Best regards,

Rick

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,947 Views)

If you have touch panel toolkit and also vi why you do not try to write appropriate code for your pc pocket

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,936 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RickJames

As of LabVIEW 2014, the development system includes the development/deployment functionality of the touch panel module but Pocket PC devices are no longer supported in any recent version of LabVIEW - the module is only compatible with TPC-22XX series with Windows Embedded 7 (WES7). If you want to maintain an existing application that uses this toolkit/module, I think you will need to use an older version of LabVIEW (which not support the TPC-22XX series). If you have an SSP with NI, you should be able to access/download older version of LabVIEW from the website.

If you want to run on the newer device, you will probably need to manually update your code to fix any compatibility issues (e.g. missing Pocket PC VIs).

To start, you can add the new device as a target in your project:

2016-03-03_18-10-56.png

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 3 of 5
(2,925 Views)

I would rather not rewrite the code if I can get it to compile in a new version. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,915 Views)

From the research I've done, that was the conclusion I was coming to.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,912 Views)