LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plugin architecture as exe in 7.1.

I'm planning an application with a plugin architecture, that will look up a directory during runtime for available plugins. I know I could do it using .llb Top-Level VIs. But I would prefere to have the plugins 'compiled', so as exe or dll. Is that a straight foreward build of those plugins or do we need to take care of some things? And how about compatibility when we use plugins of a newer LabVIEW version?

Felix

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,334 Views)

Perhaps using the Dynamically Loading and Calling VIs concept is the best for your application. If I remember correct the "specify path on diagram" options for calling DLLs, is not available in Labview 7.1. Anyway then calling Labview built DLLs the correct runtime engine version has to be installed. Since a DLL is compiled I guess you may use a Labview 8.x compiled DLL in 7.1.

Tip. If you are using VIs as plugins you may password protect your code. You may also rename them to a dll extension. No one will bother to look deeper into to this. 

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,326 Views)