From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plugin Question

Hi Experts!

I've a question about Application (exe) and vi.lib , user.lib and instr.lib

I made some tests but I need more confirmation about my thesis 🙂

I wanna make an exe of my project. The top level VI uses vi server to call the plugins.

When I setup the exe - all setup is OK.

- (Plugins in Included, Typedefs are unchecked and so an... )

Experiment: 

- I have a class in my user.lib. This class is not reffered in Top level Vi but it's used in Plugin vi. When my exe is created, this plugin can not be called because this class items are missing. But when I copy this llb (that contains the

class in user.lib) to the exe directory it is OK but I think it is not elegant (load and search dialog appears).

- When I make a subvi that is not reffered in Top Level vi, but called in Plugin, saved on the Desktop (or anywhere, but not in the user./instr/vi.lib) - (so the new subvi apperas in dependency only). I created the Application (EXE) and everything is works fine.

So my question is simple. 

What is the connection between the Dinamic VIs and its subvis that is saved in User.lib, Instr.lib or VI.lib in Application (EXE) ???

It seems to me, those subvis that are not called in Top level vi but used in the plugin and saved in user.lib won't be compiled.

---
+++ In God we believe, in Trance we Trust +++
[Hungary]
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,104 Views)

Hi Durnek

I believe, that in document "My Plug-In Application (EXE) is Not Calling My Plug-Ins Correctly" You can find description and explanation of Your issue: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/4CB098B512EFB2B786256FFF00813037?OpenDocument

Best regards

Barbara Zalewska

Message 2 of 3
(2,081 Views)

I include an extra targer folder and all of the plug-ins go in there (preserve hierachy) and the plugins lode fine.

That gives you the option in the future to deploy just your updaetd plug-in classes without having to re-do the entire thing.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 3 of 3
(2,073 Views)