LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting and Saving Data from Multiple Channels (and Tasks)

Solved!
Go to solution

I have two modules in a CompactDAQ chassis:

- NI 9213 (16-channel TC)

- NI 9203 (8-channel current)

Using LabVIEW 11, I am acquiring data from both of the modules without issue. I am, however, having some trouble with the plotting and data logging. Is there a method for combining the 1-D arrays of waveforms coming from each of the two tasks so that a waveform chart can accept them? In the same manner, can I write them to the same tdms or lvm file?

The tasks are using the same timing parameters, so that shouldn't be an issue. It's 1 - 10 Hz, so I don't have great concerns with regards to performance.

I'm new to the forums, so I apologize for any missteps in terms of etiquite. Thanks in advance for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,765 Views)

You can easily display several channels in one graph. 

you just need to build an array of waveform and send it to graph.

for saving, you can have several channels in the same tdms. 

In the same way, you can directly wire the array of waveform.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,752 Views)

Thank you for your response, Yann. There is one slight difference between my question and the example which you provided: I need to combine multiple 1-D arrays of waveforms, not just multiplewaveforms. That is, using DAQmx Read (Analog 1D Wfm NChan 1Samp), the output is a 1-D array of waveforms. Because I have two of these (one for a task on the 9213 and one for a task on the 9203), I need a way to combine them to write them both to the same tdms/lvm file. The same goes for plotting.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,745 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CRH_432

I might be misunderstanding your question, but why can't you just use the "build array" function to combine your two waveform arrays?  Right-click on "build array" and select "concatenate" to append one array onto the other.

concatenate.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,742 Views)

Yep, that's what I was looking for. I had tried the "build array" function, but I somehow overlooked the concatenate setting. Thanks, Diane.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,739 Views)

My pleasure, glad I was able to help!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,737 Views)