LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot from two DAQ readings on opposing axis

I have a DAQ system taking two different readings. I want to plot them both on the same graph with one reading, say temperature, on the X-axis and the other, say humidity, on the Y-axis. How do I do this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,236 Views)

Sounds like you want an XY Graph. See this article:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361J-01/lvconcepts/types_of_graphs_and_charts/

Basically, you would bundle an X array and a Y array and wire that cluster to the graph.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,231 Views)

Thank you for the quick reply. I have been trying to make an XY plot. Basically what I am doing it wiring my DAQ outputs to a Build Array and then wiring them both to a Bundle. The error I am getting is that the source is a cluster of two elements and the sink is 1D array cluster of two elements. I think my problem lies in the array creation apsect of it if you know a way to fix it. I have also wired straight from my outputs to a Bundle and I get the same error, so I fear my Build Array action is useless.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,224 Views)
You have not provided nearly enough information. What exactly is the output of your DAQ function? Dynamic data, 1D array, 2D array, waveform, waveform array? How is the DAQ function configured? Single sample per channel, multi-point per channel?

Attach your VI or a snippet.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,219 Views)

So I ended up figuring this out on my own, so I post the solution I made so that other people can use this too. When you read data from a DAQ system, the output is of the DDT, so you need to wire both outputs into their own From DDT found in the Signal Manipulation Palette. This will convert your dtata from DDT to 1D Array. Then you bundle them together with your X on top and your Y on the bottom and then wire that output to your XY Plot indicator. I would post a picture but all my labview software is on a computer that doesn't get internet where it is setup lol. Thanks for all the help!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,210 Views)

Hi mbooker,

you should write "DAQ Assistent Express VI" whenever you mention "DAQ system"!

If you would use "plain" DAQmx functions you wouldn't have to go all the way through datatype conversion from DDT to meaningful representation...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,207 Views)