LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk3\DR3?!

Solved!
Go to solution

have a vi with about 20 sub vis in its .llb that does a fair bit of database interaction and daq.  

when it gets to the "prep inputs" sub vi in state "prep expt", if it doesn't simply close labview entirely, it gives 10 "Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk3\DR3" errors in a row, then exits.  actually a few of the 10 ask for Harddisk4\DR4, but I still don't know what it is talking about.  

extra-mysterious is that if I delete that sub vi and replace it with dummy constants, it does the same thing.  I'm using breakpoints, step over, and highlight execution, and can't see what is triggering the error, it's as if there is a short in the wiring itself(!).  

been stuck for a day now.  thoughts?  have tried cutting and pasting the whole block diagram into a fresh vi, closing/opening labview, rebooting, reinstalling LV (2011 sp1) and daqmx 9.5.1, no effect.

code attached

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,229 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Fritz_Reitz

new data -- copying & pasting contents of all sub-vis & vi to new vis doesn't affect error, gutting all DAQ from the program DOES cure error.  board is an NI PCIe 6363.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,221 Views)

found it -- daq stuff was by chance in a structure with a digital-waveform-plot-coloring vi I cut and pasted from a digital waveforms example.  I moved the .llb and it searched in vain for the coloring vi ever after, whether or not that code was called -- putting it in a true case structure hard-wired false wasn't enough.  not sure why it didn't just give me an error saying missing vi.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,214 Views)