From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me for my pressure mapping program

Solved!
Go to solution

Thanks for the answer, but I still have question. If the actual messured value is constant, your code work perfect when I dont touch the sensor. In my case, even I don't touch the sensor. the value is keep changing. so this Code in the first loop it will be zero. But in the second loop, it will be not Zero in the Matrix. How can I fix this Problem?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(757 Views)

Hi PanR,

get a better sensor with less/no noise…

Or develop an algorithm to handle the signal noise.

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(753 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

Isn't \n termination enabled by default? If so, 9600 read count would work if the data is indeed \n terminated.

Yes, of course. It was just such an special number for no good reason. Most likely the terminal got recycled from elsewhere :D. A diagram constant in the low 3 digits would have been sufficient here.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(738 Views)

@PanR wrote:

Thanks for the answer, but I still have question. If the actual messured value is constant, your code work perfect when I dont touch the sensor. In my case, even I don't touch the sensor. the value is keep changing. so this Code in the first loop it will be zero. But in the second loop, it will be not Zero in the Matrix. How can I fix this Problem?

"Zero" does not really exist in nature, it is always about signal to noise. You should be able to tell insignificant readings form significant readings using some statistical analysis.

Also, negative values are perfectly legal, for example if you would tare with the finger on the sensor and then remove the finger, you'd expect negative values.

Message 14 of 20
(737 Views)

@PanR wrote:

Of course if you don't want negative numbers, you could simply use a Min\Max with the array and a 0, and take the maximum.

Or replace values under a value, lets say 10, with 0.

All hacks. It's all about what you want.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(724 Views)

I am programing a pressure mapping. When I press the sensor, it will has the value in the array. my problem now is in every loop the data will renew. so the old data will disappear. what I want to do now is setting a button that it can tracking my finger. every part of the sensor that I press will show in the array even when my finger leave, the value will still stay in the array.

picture 1 is how the sensor looks like.

picture 2 is how it looks like in labview when I press the sensor

because I am the beginner, please make it easier for me to understand. if I can get a example that will be best.

Thank you for every one

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(742 Views)

Hi PanR,

please stick with your thread instead of creating new ones.

You already got several good advice in here!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(693 Views)

I am programing a pressure mapping. When I press the sensor, it will has the value in the array. my problem now is in every loop the data will renew. so the old data will disappear. what I want to do now is setting a button that it can tracking my finger. every part of the sensor that I press will show in the array even when my finger leave, the value will still stay in the array.

picture 1 is how the sensor looks like.

picture 2 is how it looks like in labview when I press the sensor

because I am the beginner, please make it easier for me to understand. if I can get a example that will be best.

Thank you for every one

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(677 Views)

Here is the vi

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(667 Views)

Hi Pan,

why do you ask me (in a PM) to read your messages carefully before joining your threads?

Hello, I am giving the new question. its totally different from the old one. Why u still put them together? have u ever read what I write in the new topic?

Yes, I read your messages!

In message #16 (end of December) you asked:

what I want to do now is setting a button that it can tracking my finger. every part of the sensor that I press will show in the array even when my finger leave, the value will still stay in the array.

6 weeks later in message #18 you asked:

what I want to do now is setting a button that it can tracking my finger. every part of the sensor that I press will show in the array even when my finger leave, the value will still stay in the array.

Why do you think this is a completely different problem now? Why do you complain about joining the threads?

You need to detect the actual finger press. When there is no finger on your pad anymore you need to clear your shiftregisters…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(629 Views)