LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please, help I need to create o modbus analyzer in LabVIEW using a NI modbus.llb

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,988 Views)

Short of us developing the code in your behalf, what type of assistance do you seek?

Be specific and post code to illustrate your needs.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 4
(3,987 Views)

What format does this library works with? I tried to create a program in master mode using MB serial master query, what information is on the input/output or this VI? And how can I test it using MAX without real device?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,949 Views)

It uses VISA functions.  The inputs are clusters to define the modbus command, starting address, # of registers, and values and booleans to write.  The output is a cluster that contains either the values or the booleans read (depending on which function you choose.)

You can't test it because you need a real device on the other end that knows the protocol.  The alternative is to use something like the slave demon running on another PC and connect to the two with a null modem serial cable.

Message 4 of 4
(3,941 Views)