Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please I need Advice for deployement with several screens resolutions

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello

sorry for my english

I'm developping a labview project with a PC (1920*1080 resolution screen) and I have to deploy it to work in a PC with (1024*768 screen resolution 10'' ) I use several spliters for this so I need some advices to ensure that my exe will work

fine in such target PC so I need to know how to configure my main vi proprety ; window size in execution ; etc ... in my PC all work fine I can minimize window and maximize it when project is running and all objects were scaled very 

well but I dont know what will happen in such target pc.

any advice or help please 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,837 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author IYED

Hey IYED,

Here are some knowledge base links that address this issue.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/7567EF257B9CFDF986256F630073228F?OpenDocument

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/4C03BE7BFD1D00948625670B0061CB6A?OpenDocument

Hope this helps!

Wear
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
Message 2 of 11
(2,809 Views)

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,788 Views)

Be VERY cautious using those options.  In my experience, NI scaling has been more trouble than it is worth.  You are better suited not scaling and trying to find an acceptable method yourself.

I recently tried to use it again on a project that should have been incredibly simple to scale.  I'm glad I had a backup of the code, because just maximizing and restoring the unit corrupted the look so badly, I could not easily get it back to where it originally was.  NI's method of scaling does not scale fonts (at least in my case), so you'll get things such as buttons which scale down to the boolean text width and stop.  When it resizes back up, it doesn't use your original referenced control, but the current view of it, so the button gets bigger and is not in the correct location.  I also believe they follow the same order of resizing, where I feel that it should be reversed if your enlarging the window.

Every time I have tried to use it, I have been frustrated and gave up on it.  The only time I have had anything work is fitting the control to the pane, as it takes up everything and the scale cannot be messed up.

My adive is that if you know the monitor resolution that it will run on, design for that resolution.  You can change your PC resolution to match if needed.  You can use the minimum panel size if you want to keep your higher resolution to make the panel be 1024x768 (smaller if you want scrollbars, menu, title bar, etc.).

Message 4 of 11
(2,782 Views)

very good advices thank you very much

Please I have an other question  

I have to build a .exe from my main VI :  the main vi contains some dynamic vi that I need to insert them in a subpanel of my main vi for this I use a relative pah '' Application Directory path.vi'' to create references and when I run my

application all work fine in devellopent machine. But when I try to build this application to create a .exe this exe did not work 100%  in my target machine. So I'm sure that the probleme is due to building application settings normally the

dynamic vi should be in the same directory of application.exe I think that I must included them manually but I can't do this any help please !!!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,774 Views)

To get the VI in your Always Include List you need to add it to the project (right now it is shown as a dependency).

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,770 Views)

thank you but how I can do this ??? I'm an amator

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,768 Views)

In your project, right-click on My Computer and choose Add-> File and pick the dynamic VI.  You should see it get added to the list.

Alternatively, if you want to add a folder of files, you can choose Add->Folder.  If you pick Auto-populating, LV will automatically add any file that is in the directory now or in the future.

Message 8 of 11
(2,763 Views)

Thank you very much man you rescued me 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,760 Views)

Hello 

please I still need help I put my vi an always included list and my application.exe still dont work 100% normally the dynamic vi should be in the same directory of application as shown in attachements so where is the probleme ???

the application work fine in devellopent machine and to call the tacho and speed vi dynamically I use relative path as shown in attachments so what is wrong ??? 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,751 Views)