LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playback of Wav file

Hi there,

I have had a look through the back posts to try and sort my problem out, but have been unable to succeed in understanding. Problem is that I'm not very good with Labview, and the people who normally are have left my department. So I'm trying to work things out in ignorance. Basically I want to change my current Labview VI so that instead of continuously playing back a 'Simulate Signal' VI (a sine wave as it happens) I want to continuously playback a pre-recorded wave file. I just cannot work out how to incorporate this task into the program. We're using an SCB-68 interface board. I've attatched the program we're using below, in case any kind soul can offer advice.

Many thanks,
mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,598 Views)
Hi Mike,

You have not stated what version of LabVIEW you have so I have modified your VI in LabVIEW 7.1 you will need LabVIEW 7.1 or later to open the attachments.

I have modified you original VI and kept the name the same "Wav_playback-1.vi" in THis I have removed the Tradiotional DAQ call, as you also had a DAQmx call, I have wired everything together so it should run. However I don't think this will work as you are using Tasks (which you have not provided) and then you setup timing and triggering again. All this is setup in the Task.

For the reason above, I have created "Wav_playback-_mod.vi" which has my original modifications as well as removing timing from you AO section, as this is in your task. In the AI line I have removed the Task and added the create Virtual channel call to setup the input as a Voltage input without using tasks as you need control of the sample timing VI, so seting this up as each step is better than using tasks.

Regards
JamesC
NIUK and Ireland
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,574 Views)
Hi there,
many many thanks for your help. I will get to it now and try to get things working. As you appear to have seen, we wanted to have the program set up so that the AO part plays continuously, and the AI section is triggered by an external voltage edge input.

Thanks again,
mike
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,568 Views)
Hi again,
turns out we are running Labview 7.0, so I can't open your files. Should have mentioned that from the start, apologies.

Thanks,
mike
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,563 Views)
Here you go, I had to do a save for previous, so unsure if the programs still work as I can't check them.

Regards
JamesC
NIUK and Ireland
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,560 Views)