LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Play video file on Frontpanel at a position

It works for me, just make sure you are adjusting the bounds AFTER you start the movie...

Use the rating system, otherwise its useless; and please don't forget to tip your waiters!
using LV 2010 SP 1, Windows 7

Just to avoid misunderstandings, are you sure, that your video is larger than 200x200?
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(2,418 Views)
Yup that should work, yup the video is larger than 200x200...

Use the rating system, otherwise its useless; and please don't forget to tip your waiters!
WAIT, I see the problem...That first property node (URL) should be an invoke node set to 'New Media' with the string wired into it....Then it works...

Hello TWGomez,

finally i got it, that it plays in the size of the container.

But, of course it is Friday and of course i have now another problem: If i press a button on the controls (pause, stop) the movie enlarges, and it also enlarges, if the Vi is still running but the movie has end. Do you have the same "feature"?

Maybe this all could be a problem, because I am using LV 8.0, but on the other hand, it is only a question of the used active X libary and the media player version. I am going to try the 8.5 evaluation version over the weekend, to see if there is any difference...

One strange thing is, that if i use "stop" to stop the video after stopping the VI, the movie starts next time again in the contianer size. If i use "close" to stop the video, i have to minimize the movie under the specified size with the mouse before starting the VI and than it plays in container size, otherwise it is again enlarged...

Thanks a lot for your patience, it helped a lot!

Lord Chaos

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(2,379 Views)
Yes, I noticed that too...
You have a few options depending on how you design pattern is set up.
If you are running a simple VI with a polling loop of some sort just put the "resize" in the loop so it occurs every interation.
If you are using another design pattern with an event structure you could add an event for the "mouse down" of the media player and put the resize there.

hello sir,

i,m using labview 8.5

i had seen those image that are attach with the example code

and i did exactly what,  is mention in it

but at last i cant find container bounds of windows media player, so i cant get the result

more over, when i run the vi it ask me the path of video path(that i had alrady mention)

and after that a error 42 dilog box apper....ask for STOP

so i cant run the vi

plz send me a solution on my id:dhptl_ni@ymail.com  

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,972 Views)