LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipeline leak in VI

Im a college student with a study of "Design of a water distribution system with leak detection using LabVIEW". Is there any toolkit that can apply leak on pipelines in VIs? We will not have a prototype so is there any toolkit that can visualize the leak for simulation? Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(2,938 Views)

I'm thinking flow - flow * random number ought to simulate a leak between ultra slow drip and open pipe.

There is always a leak.  You usually can't detect the single molecules transpiring through the pipe wall.  Define a threshold for "Leak that warrants repair."

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(2,911 Views)

I can tell you are not a BME major -- they sometimes study "fluid distribution systems" (heart and blood vessels" and usually make analogies with what they learned in Electronics 101, something about Kirckhoff and his Laws (or InLaws, maybe).  If you were trying to deliver electrons to a load (say, a motor or a light bulb), what would constitute a "leak"?  [I've heard that a Very Big Leak is called a Short Circuit ...].  Simulate the "leak" by having a thin, tiny pipe that lets the fluid leak out onto the ... hmm, what do you call it?  Oh, the Ground ...

Bob Schor

Message 3 of 13
(2,892 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

I can tell you are not a BME major -- they sometimes study "fluid distribution systems" (heart and blood vessels" and usually make analogies with what they learned in Electronics 101, something about Kirckhoff and his Laws (or InLaws, maybe).  If you were trying to deliver electrons to a load (say, a motor or a light bulb), what would constitute a "leak"?  [I've heard that a Very Big Leak is called a Short Circuit ...].  Simulate the "leak" by having a thin, tiny pipe that lets the fluid leak out onto the ... hmm, what do you call it?  Oh, the Ground ...

Bob Schor

Did you see the Breakpoint thead of Ben's where I equated Ohms Law etc..  for hydraulic systems?

Bonus kudos for a link ( yeah, I finally got  media and am heading towards your neck of the woods so, the 8-Ball laptop is off doing other stuff and cannot be  bothered with writing code.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(2,891 Views)

What i mean is a visual leak on the pipes. We will need a tool kit that can put a leak on the pipe, itself for simulation. We need to put holes on the pipes

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(2,847 Views)

@JeanCarlo wrote:

What i mean is a visual leak on the pipes. We will need a tool kit that can put a leak on the pipe, itself for simulation. We need to put holes on the pipes

A drill and some drill bits can put a leak in a pipe.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(2,837 Views)

@JeanCarlo wrote:

So. A random number would What do you mean by visual?  A custom control with hundreds of pix as jpeg might work...does the user experience expect a visual indication of water dripping?

Trust me, I have washed dishes in LabVIEW .  Also, dug dirt. 

Dirt at 130 tons per minute.  Dishes at a few hundred trays per hour ...

You don't need a toolkit I think you need a vi.  What have you written so far?

We do not so homework!  But we will suggest appropriate approaches. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,835 Views)

Yah in actual pipes. But how in a virtual pipes? Have any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,833 Views)

@JeanCarlo wrote:

Yah in actual pipes. But how in a virtual pipes? Have any ideas?

So, what have you tried?  What is not working?

There are no requirements nor code that you wished to have debugged.

Post something we  

Can  see,. . .

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,829 Views)

I havent tried anything yet. I am looking for a toolkit that i can use to apply leak on pipes virtually or visually

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,826 Views)