cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pie chart modification

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear all

Hi i am working on one VI where i am using 3d pie chart. where i want customize look of the pie chart, i tried by using property node but i failed. I am uploading PNG file where i want to remove or transparent shaded yellow portion also i am uploading my VI. please help me to over come my problem. 

Thank You in advance.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,437 Views)

Do you see that funny-looking "twisty" wire from the Plot Helper to the 3D Pie Object?  That's a LabVIEW 3D Plot LVClass Array wire, going into a pretty complex Pie Object that has a lot of LabVIEW OOP Code buried in it.  If you have lots of experience with LabVIEW Programming (at least CLD-level certification, probably) and familiarity with LVOOP, then go ahead and dive in.  Otherwise, you are probably going to really make a mess of things ...

Still, I hadn't ever used the 3D Pie Chart.  It was fun turning the Pie so you could really see the 3D effect.  I also experimented with adding an offset vector of 0.5 (an array of 5 values, all 0.5), which made a very narrow "cut" to separate the Pie "slices".

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,393 Views)

Oops.  I'm partly right, and partly wrong.  I started poking around in the OO code for the 3D Plot (trust me, "It's a Jungle Out There" ...), and went back to look at the Plot, itself.  I discovered you could right-click the Plot, and open (from the right-click Menu) "3D Plot Properties" which gives you access to ... the 3D Plot Properties (or at least a sub-set of them).  If you go to the last Property, "Pie", you can change the color of any Slice, but if you try to make it transparent, the slice goes jet black.  Guess they did something wrong with "transparency".  You can change the opacity, but that does it for the entire Plot.  They just haven't provided expanded functionality for each slice ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,385 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author viplav123

@Bob_Schor wrote:

If you go to the last Property, "Pie", you can change the color of any Slice, but if you try to make it transparent, the slice goes jet black.  Guess they did something wrong with "transparency".  You can change the opacity, but that does it for the entire Plot.  They just haven't provided expanded functionality for each slice ...

I've reported this to NI as a "bug".  NI has confirmed this behavior, and will bring it to the attention of the Developers.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,380 Views)

I hate 3D pie charts.  Showing the chart at an angle distorts the pie, making it harder to discern the relative sizes of the slices.  I see no upside to making a pie chart 3D.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,370 Views)

@paul_cardinale wrote:

I hate 3D pie charts.  Showing the chart at an angle distorts the pie, making it harder to discern the relative sizes of the slices.  I see no upside to making a pie chart 3D.

I can understand that point but your point reminded me of what was at the time a novel idea.

3-D Fonts

I never got around todeveloping any of them but I did consider implementing a 3D Gage just for fun. THe numbers would have to be rendered in 3D fonts.

Just sharing the idea,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,367 Views)

Hello everyone, if the 2D pie chart is acceptable, there is a new solution here that is easier to use, more flexible, and of higher quality. If you are interested, you can try it out.

Circular Chart Add-On by KIT.X
Circular_Chart_by_KIT_X_l

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,209 Views)

Hi Norman!  Can you help us with deployment of this chart (building a VI with it into a packed project library or exe causes a fatal error and crashes LabVIEW 2019 32-bit).  Is there a trick to avoid this?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,480 Views)

@GarryAtTesteract  已写:

Hi Norman!  Can you help us with deployment of this chart (building a VI with it into a packed project library or exe causes a fatal error and crashes LabVIEW 2019 32-bit).  Is there a trick to avoid this?

Hi Garry, I've sent you an email for more details. I built a VI with this add-on into an exe and did not encounter any problems.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,463 Views)