LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical channel drop down not selectable in .exe

I have recently updated some software I wrote interfacing with a DAQ with pressure transducer and solenoid and added a drop down so I could select which DAQ to read pressure data from however I went to deploy the vi as an application in a .exe file when I go to set up my physical channel the drop down is not selectable however is in the VI version. Anything im missing in the installer possibly? attached is image showing the drop down not selectable

CG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,053 Views)

Did you create and installer for your executable that would include all the required installers?  For instance, you would need the DAQmx runtime engine installed.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,035 Views)

Yea I have all the required dependencies, just re-tried and double checked and the drop down is still not selectable in the application

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,975 Views)

@cgarlow wrote:

Yea I have all the required dependencies, just re-tried and double checked and the drop down is still not selectable in the application

I'm not sure, that you can include DAQmx Run-Time engine to your exe. You can include it to installer, and then you need to install that application. This is the point of 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,969 Views)

Im using a measuring computing DAQ, but I do have all the ULx library and runtime engine installed. I have a previous version of the software with the physical channel hard coded in and it runs fine. The issue isnt that theres nothing in the drop down but that the drop down itself isnt even clickable. The reason I wanted to added the drop down was so that I could have 2 DAQs attached to the same computer and run 2 instances of the software with each going to its own corresponding DAQ/data. maybe theres a more simple way?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,945 Views)

This sounds to compatibility issue to me.

Have you checked if Labview / DAQmx version support the device? make sure the VI is saved on the same version of the Runtime Engine

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,927 Views)