LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phoenix 1280 USB camera gives IMAQ USB Init error?

We're trying to use a Phoenix PC-1280 USB video camera with either Labview or the Vision Assistant. In both cases we get an error in the IMAQ USB Init.vi (eg, "IVA Acquisiition Tools palette.vi was stopped at node 0x140 of subVI IMAQ USB Init.vi"). We have the latest version of labview and the vision module. The Mutech people are being totally useless, but I suspect the problem is in their driver which is supposed to use DirectShow and should be compatible. Before we toss this $1000 camera in the trash, can someone suggest a quick fix? ...or even a slow one :)
PS -- it's not the language problem, we're all in english
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,072 Views)

Hi Cyndeigo,

One thing to check is to see if your camera is being recognized by LabVIEW.  One way to do this is to use the USB enumerate cameras.vi.  If this is sending back the camera name, then make sure you are connecting the USB Init.vi as shown in the attachment.  If the USB enumerate cameras.vi isn’t feeding back any data then there is probably something wrong with the driver.  I hope this helps.   Keep me posted.

Regards,

GG 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,057 Views)
Thanks for the tip Gavin. We tried this as you suggested, and it gave back the name of the camera okay. We've been discussing with another PC1280 user though, and it seems there may be a problem with both the driver and the configuration file. We're working on it, and I'll post the solution if we ever get one...  But I'd still love to hear any other clever ideas out there! Or, alternatively, suggestions for nice hi-res b&w cameras that work seamlessly with Labview 😉
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,050 Views)

Hi Cyndiego,

If you are looking for a new camera that works with LabVIEW here is a good place to look http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/nipc.get_camera_list?p_camera_status=C

Keep me posted on your solution for that driver.

Have a great day.

GG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,044 Views)