LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phasor indicator in LabVIEW for voltage and current signal

Solved!
Go to solution

When I read a research paper on power system, I saw the reasearcher has a LabVIEW program (its block diagram is not shared just its GUI). My question is: does LabVIEW has built-in function that can display the complex quantity in |mag|<ang like picture below? If yes, where can I find it. If not, please give me some advise how to implement it? Thanks

10-17-2013 9-46-46 AM.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,029 Views)

Did you ask the people who wrote the paper? Scientists (usually, not always) like to give you more that you ask for, unless there is a business reason for not (and then they'll gripe about the prohibition), but this one doesn't look like a commercial product. BTW, if it's a US government lab, they're supposed to be at work today Smiley Very Happy .

Cameron

To err is human, but to really foul it up requires a computer.
The optimist believes we are in the best of all possible worlds - the pessimist fears this is true.
Profanity is the one language all programmers know best.
An expert is someone who has made all the possible mistakes.

To learn something about LabVIEW at no extra cost, work the online LabVIEW tutorial(s):

LabVIEW Unit 1 - Getting Started</ a>
Learn to Use LabVIEW with MyDAQ</ a>
Message 2 of 7
(5,024 Views)

Well, I tried but never got the email back (I did this method a number of times but only 1 time I got answer).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,009 Views)

Hand wavy starter for 10... I haven't tried this-

Easy but wasteful- bung your time series into an FFT, pick the bin corresponding to the mains frequency and read off real and complex components. Plot real on x axis, imaginary on y axis.

Better but more effort- multiply your waveform series point by point by cos(2*pi*mains_freq*t), integrate the result (by which I mean add all the values and divide by the array length)- this gives you your 'real' component. Same but using 'sin(2*pi*mains_freq*t) to get the 'imaginary' component. This is basically a correlation of your time series with in-phase and quadrature sine waves.

Message 4 of 7
(4,994 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author muahang1234

Greetings muahang1234

There is a suite for LabVIEW called the NI LabVIEW Electrical Power Suite that might be of interest to you. Check the ni.com website and evaluate the software, it may be the tool you were looking for!

Let us know how it goes. Have a good day. 

Luis J.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 5 of 7
(4,959 Views)

Thanks - I checked the trial and figured it out that NI decided to eliminate the EPM_Phasor VI from the Power (which is the one I am looking for) from new versions (several years ago). 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,924 Views)

Hi muahang1234,

I got my interest after looking at this front panel. Can you please tell me title of the research paper? 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,942 Views)