LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perspective calibration: how to apply correction

Hello,

I have a camera system in tilted configuration, producing images with heavy tangential distortion. I'm using a 1x1mm dot matrix for learning the system calibration using "IMAQ Learn Camera Model VI" with Polynomial model, apparently successfully as I can correct the image with"IMAQ Correct Calibrated Image VI" and get the right real world coordinated of the calibration dots using "IMAQ Convert Pixel to Real World VI"

I would need to get real-world coordinates for image pixels by using the parameters given by "IMAQ Get Calibration Info 3 VI", including K1-K3 and P1,P2 from "Distortion model coefficients" output. Basically this is just re-implementation of "IMAQ Convert Pixel to Real World VI", with no need for the entire calibration image at the processing time, because that is not available due to data size constraints of our embedded system.

I have read the Concepts manual at https://www.ni.com/docs/en-US/bundle/ni-vision-concepts-help/page/system_setup_and_calibration.html , however it does not have sufficient information for the procedure due to missing details.

Can anyone please point me to the right source material to understand how this should be implemented?

BR

Jussi Larjo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(645 Views)

No takers? Just need a pointer to the correct procedure. Please help.

JL

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(598 Views)