LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Periodically cycle through tab controls

Hi guys so I have a VI where I have 4 different tabs in a tab control where each one of them is monitoring a different machine's temperature. I would like to know if there is any way to automatically have labview cycle through the tabs at maybe 30 second intervals while the VI is running. I have the temperature monitors hooked up to some boolean indicators to let me know when one machine is too hot or too cold, so it would be nice to be able to have labview automatically switch to that tab when any of the boolean indicators go off as well. I'm very new to labview so maybe this is a very simple fix that I just don't know about. Thanks in advance for any help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 34
(3,252 Views)

You can select which tab page is visible the same way you can change the value of a control or indicator. You can use a property node or a local variable.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 34
(3,242 Views)

You'll probably want to do something different than the 2000mS wait, but this gives you the idea.

Example_VI_BD.png

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 3 of 34
(3,239 Views)

Try something like this

tabe.PNG

Make your Tab Control an Indicator.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 34
(3,238 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 34
(3,214 Views)

Sorry, not sure why my last post wasn't visible? Thanks for all the suggestions, but I'm not really sure how they could be implemented into my code? Here is my front panel and my block diagram. 

front panel oak room VI with tab controls.jpg

block diagram oak room VI with tab controls.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 34
(3,195 Views)

Just put what I or RTSLVU offered somewhere on your Block Diagram (outside of your main loop).  It'll cycle the pages (without regard for the changes in the Boolean indicators).

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 34
(3,175 Views)

hmmm...i would not connect any software timing to the wait ms function, that would freeze the FP controls from doing anything. use the elapsed time function to free up your while loop

Example_VI_BD.png

Message 8 of 34
(3,163 Views)

Right.  That's what I meant by this:

@jcarmody wrote:

You'll probably want to do something different than the 2000mS wait, but this gives you the idea.

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 34
(3,149 Views)

@jcarmody wrote:

Right.  That's what I meant by this:

@jcarmody wrote:

Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 34
(3,143 Views)