LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perform Bridge Offset Nulling and Shunt Calibration in LabVIEW

Hi everyone, I am new to LabVIEW and I'm having a hard time figuring out how bridge offset nulling and shunt calibration works. I am using a half bridge strain gauge and an NI-9237 with cDAQ-9178.

I would like to ensure that the the output voltage is 0 at the start of my readings. I also believe I should be performing a shunt calibration to obtain a gage factor to multiply my output voltage values by. However, this link states that I should be using remote sensing for my half bridge.

http://www.ni.com/documentation/en/strain-bridge-input-device-for-fielddaq/latest/manual/remote-sens...

Does this mean I should be connecting remote sensing wires and not worrying about performing a shunt calibration?

I have seen posts and articles that calibrate the strain gage as soon as it is connected by using the NI-DAQmx Global Virtual Channel. Is there any benefit to enabling the offset nulling and shunt calibration in this, rather than incorporating it into the LabVIEW code? 

For reference, I have attached a picture of my LabVIEW code. If you see any mistakes, please feel free to point them out. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(932 Views)