LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perforce SCM integration without SCC plugin

I'm attempting to set up integration between Perforce (P4V 2017.3) and Labview 2017 SP1f1 on Windows 7x64. I can see "Perforce Command Line" as an option for source control provider, but not the full Perforce SCM shown in these instructions: https://forums.ni.com/t5/ALARM/Using-Perforce-with-LabVIEW/gpm-p/3513772

I found an NI KnowledgeBase article that refers to this problem: 5LPH87UB

This instructs the user to install Perforce's SCC plugin, which should let LabVIEW access all of Perforce's functionality. This plugin, known as "P4SCC", allowed users to integrate Perforce's full feature set with any IDE (including LabVIEW). Unfortunately for me, the advice is out of date. Perforce deprecated the general-use P4SCC, and it is no longer available. They replaced it with "P4VS". The new software is strictly a Visual Studio extension. So it seems like Perforce may have cut off full-feature integration with other IDEs.

Has anyone out there run into this yet? If so, any thoughts on how to work around it? Perhaps the only choice going forward is to use the more limited integration between LabVIEW and Perforce's command line interface.

I'm going to cross-post this question on Perforce's user forum as well.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,533 Views)

Our solution to this problem with integrating Perforce was ... to move away from Perforce. Subversion suits our needs better but I realize that this advice is not helpful for your predicament.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,506 Views)