cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peer to peer between PXIe-5451 and PXIe-7966R

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I would like to connect two devices - PXIe-5451(waveform generator) and PXIe-7966R(NI FlexRIO) with P2P streaming. I want to transmit data from FPGA to generator and i took example from NI-FGEN. When i'm starting host-vi, there is an error occured (see picture).

1.jpg

2.jpg

What i'm doing wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,229 Views)

Hi bahec666,

Do you still see this error when setting an Active Channel to FIFOEndpoint0 for the niFgen Property Node? In the Fgen P2P Basic.vi example (I assume that is the one that you are using) has this channel set as the active channel, and I believe is required to enable the P2P property. Please let me know if this fixes the problem.

Kevin S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,184 Views)

So, i'm solved this problem. It was my mistake. I picked the wrong resource name for my waveform generator. But now i have another problem. "Unknown channel or repeated capability name" error occures, when i'm starting VI.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,169 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bahec666

Try setting the Active Channel property before the P2P Enabled. Property nodes execute from the top down, so the Active Channel Property needs to be set before you call the P2P Enabled property. 

Kevin S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,154 Views)