From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peculiar behavior of 3D graph grid lines

I am quite familiar with the 3D graph utilities in LabVIEW, but I recently discovered some strange behavior of the grid lines that I don't understand. See attachment. There are vertical gap/distortion features in the grid that appear to be errors in the generation of grid triangles. My first thought was that there was a problem with the input data. However, by simply adjusting the scaling of the X and Y axes, these grid features can be made to appear and dissappear, move around to different locations on the grid, and even the number of them changes. I don't think these effects can be explained by bad data. Does anyone out there have any ideas about what might be causing these features?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,171 Views)
I found a work-around to the graphing error. If I put a very slight amount of noise onto the X and Y data, it works perfectly.

BTW, I can't use a Z matrix because I need to be able to plot unstructured X and Y points.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,163 Views)