LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peak detection from waveform data

Hello,

I am new to Lab VIEW and i am doing project on finding the maximum peak values from the given real time data and want to load all the acquired values to final table.

I want to give a brief of my project that I considered the data from spectrum analyzer and i gave that data to my VI from the read spread sheet block and further processed that to peak detector and i am done with getting the peaks but the values that i acquired from graph does not matched with the corresponding table. I want the final peaks with respect to limit line so i gave limit specification and limit testing block. So i want all the limit,amplitude,frequency values in final table but i am getting error when i am combining all the outputs. once go through my VI my project will be clarified

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,594 Views)

Hello,

I am new to Lab VIEW and i am doing project on finding the maximum peak values from the given real time data and want to load all the acquired values to final table.

I want to give a brief of my project that I considered the data from spectrum analyzer and i gave that data to my VI from the read spread sheet block and further processed that to peak detector and i am done with getting the peaks but the values that i acquired from graph does not matched with the corresponding table. I want the final peaks with respect to limit line so i gave limit specification and limit testing block. So i want all the limit,amplitude,frequency values in final table but i am getting error when i am combining all the outputs. once go through my VI my project will be clarified

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,597 Views)

I think it would be helpful if you attached a data file so we could better understand what you are trying to do.  Here's what I think you have:

• Data file is a text file in "Delimited Spreadsheet" format, similar to a .csv file (where columns are separated by commas or tabs, and rows are separate lines).
  • You look for peaks in this file.  What value do you usually use for "Threshold"?
  • You observe that the peaks from the Peak Detector routine do not seem to match the peaks that you see when you plot the data.  Correct?
  • You describe something called a "limit line".  I don't know what this means, nor how it is defined.  This seems to be part of the Waveform Monitoring Palette, which I had not previously noticed as a separate entity.
  • You are trying to get a final output ("combining all the outputs") -- please provide an example of such an output (make up some data, just so we are sure we understand your terminology).

I notice that you are using LabVIEW 2013.  I don't happen to have such an old version installed on my machine.  This might not matter, as we may be able to post Snippets ("magic Pictures that can sometimes turn into LabVIEW code") and illustrate enough that you can easily recreate it ...

Bob Schor

Message 3 of 5
(2,560 Views)

Hi Bob

Thank you for your response and what you said in 3rd point is absolutely right and the data that is acquired from the graph results in mismatch from the values in table. 

I attached the snip images and also the predefined data that i have taken the report from Frequency spectrum Analyzer - 18

The threshold value i considered here is 30

Now i want the complete project report as in table format and the problem is that outputs of individual blocks are of different data types

So help me in finding the solution for this

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,541 Views)

hi kavy,

i can not help you solve your problem, but i have some pointers regarding your code:

- your use of the "Build Waveform" is wrong, the lower "Y" overwrites the upper one. in fact try not to use waveforms at all

- you've wrapped your code in a while loop with 100ms wait... what for? your code is a one-off, or does your input data-file change every 100ms?

ps: your .pngs are no snippets, if you want to create a snippet yourself, then select the code and Edit -> Create VI Snippet from Selection

regards

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,534 Views)