LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peak/Valley detector vi: does one exist that I can import into Signal Express?

Hi,
I'm not a LabVIEW guy per se so please talk slowly and use small words when explaining anything LabVIEW vi specific.

I'm looking for some sort of peak/valley detector vi. I'm sure it exsists in one form or another. In fact, this white paper talks about it but that may be part of a software suite I dont have access to. Also it only seems to pick out the waveform PEAKS, I need Peak and Valley since most of my testing is cyclic load/deflection stuff with changing stiffness (or displacement) over time.

My plan is to import this vi into Signal Express which I use exclusively for data acquisition and signal conditioning.
I do not have access to a LabVIEW dev suite, just Sig Ex on standalone DAQ PC's, so whatever the solution may be needs to be plug and play.

Thank you!

SCXI- 1000 Chassis w/ 1346 adapter
PCI 6281 DAQ card
SCXI- 1520 Bridge Board w/ 1314 Terminal Block (x2)
SCXI- 1180 Feedthrough Panel w/ 1302 Block
Signal Express 2014.
Win7 Enterprise
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,654 Views)
If you don't have a LabVIEW license, you don't have access to the analysis functions so I don't understand what you think you can import from. Perhaps you should post to the SignalExpress board. Not many here use that.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,621 Views)

In Signal Express you can import a LabVIEW executable if you have the runtime installed on that machine. Its pretty straight forward.
I was just asking if anyone is aware of an existing vi that would suit my purpose.
FWIW, we do have LabVIEW on a hangfull of machines in the facility, just not the ones I use, and I dont code in LV so beyond something plug and play I would need to ask for help from one of my collegues.

SCXI- 1000 Chassis w/ 1346 adapter
PCI 6281 DAQ card
SCXI- 1520 Bridge Board w/ 1314 Terminal Block (x2)
SCXI- 1180 Feedthrough Panel w/ 1302 Block
Signal Express 2014.
Win7 Enterprise
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,594 Views)
As the link shows, the peak detection and waveform peak detection have a selector for peaks or valleys. Check one of your colleagues LabVIEW license to see if it a full or professional version that would have the analysis library.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,587 Views)