LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peak Detector Settings

Hi, 

I am using the Peak Detector VI in the Signal Operation Toolbox in an attempt to report the peak values in a 1D array.

The  array is shown plotted in the attached graph.

So, as I want to report the peaks which are located at 23MHz, 36MHz, 46MHz and 54MHz, I set the threshold to -90, and leave the width at 3.

However, it would seem that although the VI correctly returns single peaks for the values at 36MHz, 46MHz and 54MHz, it returns 24 seperate peaks between 22.0125MHz and 23.6625MHz for the peak at 23MHz.

If I increase the width parameter (to around 14), I can get the function to report a single peak at 23MHz.  However, this has the unwanted effect of losing all the other peaks.

Any thoughts on how I could use the function to report a single peak at each of the desired locations?

Many Thanks,

Dan

Dan
CLD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,758 Views)

Can you post the code you are using? You are perhaps using Express VIs and because you do not have any relationship to your data. You are confused about what to do. This is a very common Express VI problem. If you want the data for specific frequency bins. You just have to index an array. Here is some information for the FFT beginner.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4278

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,751 Views)
Can you attach the values in a text file?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,747 Views)
Here is an excerpt of the code that I am using, and a text file containing a typical FFT array.
Dan
CLD
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,733 Views)
Forgot to mention - in order to replicate my results, set the receiver tune frequency to 42.
Dan
CLD
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,722 Views)
Do you have the FFT data already in a graph or data that you could share.  Im not sure if there is an easy way to load the data from the txt file.
Herrlin

Just trying to spread the LabVIEW love.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,718 Views)

Here,

Should now be able to read in my text file.

Dan

Dan
CLD
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,709 Views)