LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peak Detection Problem...

Hi,

I want to collect an analog data ( raw) from external device thru USB. I want to save this raw data to binary / spreadsheet. Also, I want to plot the data on a graph in real time. While plotting the data, as per the peak width and threshhold limit settings , i want to detect the peaks. Once the peak is detected , I want to give a label / mark with cursor or annotation to the detected peak . This label / cursor / annotation should be displayed vertically (i.e, the text should be rotated by 90 deg). Also, once the peak is detected, I want to compare the x x-axis paramater ( inthis case time ) with th values in another text file and if a value of X- axis is found in the said range then, name the detected peak with corresponding Y value in text file. Also, I have to simultaneously enter the detected peaks details in a table ( details should include Peak Name ( if matched), peak height, start X, Start Y, End X, End Y and Area under the curve.

Well hope u got what i intend to do. When I tried doing this in Labview, I was not able to...

1. Display the peak Lable vertically ( i had used cursors)
2. My peak marking was one peak late. i.e, when second peak was detected, my first peak used to get marked.
3. According to me the Vi that i had made was not efficient.

I have attcahed the snapshot of the vi i made...Can anyone suggest me a solution for this....sample Vi would help a lot...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,425 Views)
Nileshv-

If your peak detector is not returning the correct peak, you might try adjusting your Threshold/width values to get the first peak detected. Also, is it possible for you to post some sample data demonstrating the incorrect peak detector behavior?

Xaq
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,398 Views)
Detecting Peak is not an issue. Peak are detected properly. Only Marking them gets delayed by One peak. First Peak is detected  as soon as signal crosses the threshhold level, but that peak is marked when second Peak is detected...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,389 Views)