Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Path to image - MyRio

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Guys,

I have an issue with the MyRio again.

The attached vi is an Vi to upload and resize Images. It works on the computer but does not if I open it with the myRio.

I tried to put the image file on the USB key and plug it in the myRio and open the file U\ [...], however the container remains blank.

I found a similar Post with the same kind of problem.

An answer provided me with the issue I am always facing haha:

It looks like the Read PNG/JPEG/BMP VIs are not supported on Real-Time targets, such as your myRIO. As an alternative, you can get our Vision Common Resources (I believe it should install with Vision Development Module), install Vision RT to the myRIO, and use the IMAQ ReadFile VI to open the file on the myRIO.

I downloaded the Vision Development Module and tried it with the IMAQ ReadFile vi but actually did not match to fix the problem.

My question now is:

Does it work with the IMAQ vi and I made errors connecting the wires (I admit Im not sure about my atempt to wire)?

Or is the solution still another one?

Thank you in advance for your help and have a great day!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,118 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Suryoyono

Hi Suryoyono,

@Suryoyono wrote:

An answer provided me with the issue I am always facing haha:

It looks like the Read PNG/JPEG/BMP VIs are not supported on Real-Time targets, such as your myRIO.

Those ReadPicture functions internally use the FileDialog function: as your myRIO doesn't support frontpanels/monitors you also cannot open any dialogs on a non-existing screen…

So the question is: why do you want to show a a 2DPictureIndicator on a frontpanel, which cannot be visualized by your myRIO target???

The "issue you always are facing" is: your myRIO does NOT support any kind of monitor/frontpanels!

Workarounds/suggestions:

• convert the images to 2DPicture constants in your code so you don't need to load files with your myRIO
  • convert the images to raw RGB data, save them into a binary file. You can load binary files on your myRIO…
  • Create a host computer application which handles all the UI stuff on your host computer. No need to put that task on your myRIO as it does not support any UIs…
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 4
(1,108 Views)

Hey Gerd,

thank you for your answer.

Well it always makes sense if you answer haha. So if you ask like this, I dont know why I try do it 😬

I will try your suggestions Sir.

Greetings

Samuel

PS: Ich habe das Gefühl, Sie sind eine laufende Bibliothek haha. Danke für Ihre Unterstützung Gerd 😊

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,052 Views)

Hallo Samuel,

gern geschehen! 😄

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 4
(1,049 Views)