LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paste Doesn't Work in Destination Name

Found this bug today.  In LabVIEW 2013 SP1 Windows 7 x64.  Make a new empty project.  Make an installer in the build specifications (save it first) go to the Destinations category, then try to paste a string that is in the clipboard into the Destination Name string control.  You will get "v" because it looks like it doesn't handle a paste operation for some reason.

Message 1 of 7
(3,233 Views)

You are correct that you cannot paste into that field in LabVIEW 2013.  Other fields in the installer build (dialog information) allow the user to paste into the field.

I award you one CAR point.  (the points dont matter and they are all made up)

CAR:  471706

Message 2 of 7
(3,185 Views)

Hey Hooovah,

Just letting you know that this is now fixed in LabVIEW 2015. Thanks for making us aware of the problem!

Message 3 of 7
(3,028 Views)
Does he still get to keep his CAR point?
Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,993 Views)

@Jacobson-ni wrote:
Does he still get to keep his CAR point?

Who cares about CAR points, I care about Kudos of which I got one (of course none from anyone in this thread...)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,952 Views)

Thats a good source on the Kudo though! Kudos from Proven Zealots are nice.  

Double CAR points for documented fixed CARs.  

Message 6 of 7
(2,911 Views)

@STASHkal wrote:

Thats a good source on the Kudo though! Kudos from Proven Zealots are nice.  

See I almost want to suggest that kudos from respected authors have more weight to them, but there are plenty of times I kudo something without really thinking about it.  

Oh that guy made me laugh, kudo!  

Never thought of that before, kudo!  

Terribly hacky method of solving a problem no one else can, kudo!  

If my kudos started to carry more importantance than everyone else I might be careful with them.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,893 Views)