LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password Protected NI_AALPro.lvlib?

I have an application that I wrote using LV 8.2.1 that uses the "General Polynomal Fit" vi.  Under 8.2.1, I could build the application and an Installer using the Application Builder, but now, under 8.5.1, I get a message about NI_AALPro.lvlib being password protected whenever I try to re-build my program.  Any enlightenment on why I'm getting this message?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(4,675 Views)

Hello,

I was not able to reproduce this behavior on my side. What exactly do you do in LabVIEW 8.5.1? Do you open the project that was originally saved in LabVIEW 8.2.1 and then try to rebuild the application and installer in LabVIEW 8.5.1? Also, do you have LabVIEW 8.5.1 Full Development System? 

Vivek Nath
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

Machine Vision
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(4,640 Views)
Yes, I can open the project, and even run it inside the 8.5.1 LabView.  The problem crops up when I try to build the application.  When I do, I get the attached message box.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(4,635 Views)

If I had to guess, somewhere you are using a subVI or LabVIEW function that uses that library.  And it is still linked to the library located in the LabVIEW 8.2 program folder rather than the LabVIEW 8.5 program folder.

I would temporarily rename the LV 8.2 program folder to something else.  Then open your project in LV 8.5 and see if you have any broken links, VI not found type errors.  Fix them and try compiling.  Once you know they are all found and fixed, you should be able to rename your LV 8.2 program folder back to its normal name.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(4,632 Views)

Back at it again, this time trying LabView 2009...same thing.  I get the NI_AALPro.lvlib is password-protected. message and can get no further (when trying to build an executable).

I've totally removed my 8.2 LabView, and I get no errors when I run my VI (no broken wires/links or anything -- it runs just fine).  It runs just fine, it just won't build.  Anyone have any more ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(4,404 Views)

I have a couple of questions:

1) What development system of LabVIEW 2009 do you have? Is it activated? You can find this information in the NI License Manager.

2) Is the Application Builder activated? This should show up in NI License Manager under LabVIEW 2009 >> Modules.

3) Are you signed in as Administrator on this PC?

Also, do you find this only when building an application for a VI that includes the General Polynomial Fit VI? Can you build applications with other VIs successfully?  I would appreciate it if you could answer these questions for me. 

Vivek Nath
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

Machine Vision
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(4,376 Views)

Thanks for the reply...here's my answers:

1) I'm using LabVIEW 2009, Service Pack 1, Full Development System.  it is activated.

2) Application builder is also activated

3) I am an Administrative user

I can build other VI's into executables with no problem, but the ones I've tried do not use the 'General Polynomial Fit' VI.  If this is the problem, how do I LabVIEW to compile it into my executable?  Is the problem that the GPF VI was originally from 8.2.1?  It's strange to me that the VI will run from inside the LabView package just fine, but the Application Builder seems to have a problem with it.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(4,362 Views)
Would you confirm if you are not able to build an executable with any VI that has the General Polynomial Fit VI in it? Are you not able to build an executable out of a LabVIEW 2009 VI that has a General Polynomial Fit subVI?
Vivek Nath
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

Machine Vision
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(4,341 Views)

I went for REAL simple... a vi with only 2 arrays, the and the Order with the General Polynomial Fit.vi, and it will compile to an exe just fine.

To test things further, I removed the GPF.vi completely (fixing the broken wires), and tried to rebuild an exe again...no messages about that bad password, but I got another message about a password needed for "NI_ReportGenerationCore.lvlib:ControlOnConPane.vi".

Do you think that the problem is that the original project was from LV8.2.1?  If I make a new project inside LV2009, and add all the same files from my old project, might this 'fix' the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(4,326 Views)

Ah Ha!!!!

I started a new LV2009 Project, and added all the files from my old project, and it compiles!!!!!  Apparently, LV2009 (and 8.5 as that's when this problem was first noticed) are not exactly backwards compatible!  Now that I know this trick, I'll know what to do if/when the problem crops up again.

Now that I can again re-edit this old code, I can start updating it with new features.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(4,322 Views)