LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password Locked RT

Hello,

We are days away from a deployment, and the cRio was working great until this afternoon.  To start the sntp demon, I modified the ni-rt.ini file according to these instructions on the NI site.  I turned the logs on to make sure it was working. It was. I turned the logs back off, but once I restarted the status light is blinking twice, with no bootup.

Since two flashes indicates a software issue, I tried reinstalling the software from safe mode. I did so without removing old files or formatting the drive.  I expected this to restore the ni-rt.ini file. (System is cRio 9076, running LV 2012).  Unfortunately on restart, the status light is blinking twice again. 

Now, when I boot into safe mode, I am unable to make any alteration to the disk contents without being asked for a password. No password I've used on this cRio at any point works. FTP likewise is not accepted.

Can anyone give me some advice on how to get this system back up? It was all ready to go!

Thanks,

--Jeff

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,103 Views)

Hi kjcOPI,

i see that you have already posted this question here and another applicatons engineer has responded to the question. We try to not have multiple active threads on one question. I would recommend only having one thread active for this issue.

Regards,

Jordan G.

LabVIEW Product Marketing Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,035 Views)