LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing sampled waveform data from a while loop to next stage

I am having trouble getting all of my data points (which I have put in an array) from inside a while loop. Once the conditions of the loop are met, I want all of the sampled waveform data, about 360 points, to go to the next stage . I thought that if I create an array within the loop, all the data would be collected in the array, and then passed onto the next stage once the conditions of the loop were met. Unfortunately, I only end up with one sample after the while loop is done. How can I bundle all my data together while the loop is executed and have it move onto the next stage, where I can use it for calculations, without losing any data? I will be using Simpson's Rule for a circle on the data poin
ts, so there are some calculations that need to be done.....but one thing at a time 🙂

Also, I am using LV 4, so I am somewhat limited as far as capablities.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,467 Views)
Have you right-clicked on your output of the while loop (tunnel) and toggled the indexing mode? While-loops default to disabled indexing, which means only the last loop's value will output, versus the values from all loops with enabled indexing.
Message 2 of 5
(2,467 Views)
I don't have the option to autoindex because I am using LV version 4.0, which is obviously very limiting compared to version 6. Is there any other way to do this? I have attached my VI to help in answering my problem.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,467 Views)
Never mind....I jumped the gun on my response! I was right clicking the wrong item in, so I didn't see it. Thanks for your help!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,467 Views)
Glad you got it, also, LV 4 has some good examples for building arrays in loops, etc., that show you other options to try too.
Doug
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,467 Views)