LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing different parameters per index count

I haven't used LabView for a number of years and forgot way too much. I'm trying to create a simple task for a VI and not having any luck.

I am using a FOR LOOP and need to pass different parameters to an instrument with each index count. I will use four counts and I have three parameters to pass for each count. The parameters are known and constant. I need to be able to load the paremeters into a structure and then pipe each out to three different functions.

It seems so simple but I haven't found a way to do this.

Thanks in advance

- Bill

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,220 Views)

One easy way to do this is to wire the for loop iteration count to a case structure (wire directly to case terminal, and create a case for each iteration).  For this to work you have to know ahead of time how many iterations you will have, what each one will do, and preferably the same data type for each parameter, perhaps a string.

(What part of Colorado are you in?  I'm in Fort Collins.  Just curious who else is using LabVIEW in my neck of the woods)

Regards,

Jon 

Message Edited by jmcbee on 10-01-2008 03:42 PM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,217 Views)

Hi Jon -

Thanks for the prompt and very good advice.

(I'm just outside of Boulder enjoying the beautiful fall weather)

Cheers!

- Bill

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,202 Views)
Typically, you would create an array of values and then autoindex at the loop boundary. Starting with the first element, you will automatically get a new value with each iteration until the array runs out of elements.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,199 Views)