LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass Cluster Through Iterative Measurements

Hey Everyone,

I've run into some difficulty with a VI which iteratively takes measurements from pieces of lab equipment.

I have a cluster indicator for the measurement outputs, which I want to update each iteration.

My problem is that I want to be able to update the cluster (shift register the values & build onto it), but I don't want a cluster control, only the indicator.

I can't figure out how to initialize a cluster on the first iteration, then register it to the following iterations, finally outputting to the display cluster the user will see. The images below should give some insight. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,047 Views)

I can't make any sense of the JPG file.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,041 Views)

RASGary wrote:

My problem is that I want to be able to update the cluster (shift register the values & build onto it), but I don't want a cluster control, only the indicator.

There's no shift register in your image, but it sounds like what you want to do is initialize the shift register with a constant (right-click the cluster terminal on the block diagram, create constant). Then you can wire the shift register to the cluster indicator, either inside or outside the loop depending on if you want it to update on each loop iteration or just at the end.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,028 Views)