From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass 48 bit data from FPGA to Real Time

I need some help.

I am writing some code for the FPGA. I want to read 48 Digital I/O channels and detect when there has been a change. When the change occurs I want to pass the 48 bit data to an FPGA memory block and then ultimately read that data from the memory into an array in the Real Time host. I will then write the data out to a file(I can do the last part).

For some reason my code will not recognize changes over 32 bits if I first convert the bits into a u64 word and compare changes in the word. If I instead compare the array (compare aggregates on) the changes are recognized (all 48 bits) but again the u64 word I'm trying to pass doesn't change. I've attached a simple piece of code that demonstrates this issue.

I'm running in windows7 and have a 64 bit machine but I have 32 bit LabVIEW. Is this the problem or is there something else I'm missing?

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,066 Views)

for some reason, you have configured your array to number function for U32 output instead of U64 output

Stu
Message 2 of 3
(2,052 Views)

I thought I had checked that.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,039 Views)