LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Particularly / unusual approach for two machine vision cameras.

Hello at all an please forgive my English language, the English language are not my native language.

Why "Particularly / unusual approach for two machine vision cameras" ?! Seems that on internet I do not find same approach for my needs. This approach are made it usually with an optical "Beam Combiner", a "Mirror" and one analog / digital camera.

Well... I need it to made it completely digital / software controlled. Why ?! Well... Due to long distance camera focusing distance !

Let start with what I need. I need acquire two real time images / videos from 2 separate USB cameras. One camera look at one object, second camera look to another object. The shape, patterns, dimensions of two object are egal. In fact are a matrix of points (circle). Let say... 5 points on a square shape objects.

The objects are on Z axis one let say at 0mm and another object at 100mm on top of first. What I need is look with a camera at object from top and see the 5 points, look with another camera at bottom object and see the 5 points and move the bottom object on X and Y axis to center / align the points / circle from top object with the points from bottom object.

The application will be used to align a BGA Chip balls with corresponding PCB pads.  For exemplify this I put here a link to a video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KN8z3OhiAM  at minute 1:40 you can see the real live process to center a BGA with corresponding pads.

This analog method mix with a beam combiner prism and a mirror two sided images and capture on a CCD analogic camera.

This analog system have many bad proprieties, major bad thing is the physicals volume / dimensions that have this system, large optical focal distance (that make the BGA and PCB to be a large distance one from another and generate small alignment precision), high price (due to optical sistem that are not cheap) and so on.

I bet that in LabView it can be mixed (overlaid) two video from 2 camera but I have no ideea how ! The truth is that I don't start experimenting for the moment but... I need some ideas from where can I start experimenting.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(689 Views)

Hi,

Did you find the answers of your task?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(559 Views)

Hello,

No, I don't find any answer yet and for the moment I have no time to experiment with this task, seems that will be a... long story. But I'm convinced that is possible.

Best regards, Marcelo

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(549 Views)