From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial Archive of Citadel Database with NI-Max

I am using LabVIEW 2017 and the associated DSC add-on.  I have a huge database containing hundreds of different variables (traces).  I would like to reduce the size of this database by doing a "partial archive" of the earlier data to a new database, but keeping more recent data (e.g. since the beginning of the year).  This is supposed to be possible using the historical data viewer in NI-Max.  Here is a web page that says it's possible: https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/documentation/supplemental/06/archiving-options-for-citadel-histori... where the following window is shown allowing one to specify a time range for the archive and to select "Destroy source data after it has been archived".

samcat_0-1629929863739.png

But I can find no way to make this window appear.  The archive action for a database always wants to archive the entire database.  I could do that, but then there is no way to delete a time range of data from the original database.  The delete action deletes the whole database.  It looks like I could write a labVIEW program to perform this function, but if it's already somewhere in NI-Max, I'd rather avoid that work.  So my question is: is it possible to do a partial archive with the 2017 version of NI-Max?  Or has this functionality been removed, and, if so, why?

Many thanks for your help and advice.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(678 Views)