cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parsing Data for SPS30 Particle Sensor

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I have been trying to parse the incoming data from my SPS30 particle sensor. I can read the data just fine, but I am having trouble with the output format. The hex data values represent the mass concentration, and in the data sheet there is a table that shows what byte represents each particle size. I cannot figure out how to extract the data and output it in a way where it makes sense. Maybe I can just send the raw data into an excel file and then parse it there? I am not sure. Please let me know if i am not being clear.

Thank you!

Dvlasenko_0-1608226481898.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,717 Views)

Seems pretty simple.  Your data is an array of bytes.  (It looks like a string to LabVIEW, but isn't that what a string is - an array of bytes?)  So you can split the string into sets of characters (either 2 or 4 character sets as appropriate) and typecast it to whatever data type is appropriate - i.e., U16 or single float.

What you are telling LabVIEW to do is "Look at the 2 character string and interpret the 2 bytes as a U16 instead".

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,694 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for your response. How do I split the string into sets of characters? Having trouble with that.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,633 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dvlasenko

Something like this:

parsing.png

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 4 of 5
(1,625 Views)

Thank you for solving this issue. 

Did you have the VI associated ? 

Thanks a lot in advance, 

best regards, 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,218 Views)