From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel Access DVR Bug - LV2017

Admittedly I'm tired so I could be missing something VERY obvious. If so, hope someone could at least confirm they are seeing the same behavior and explain it. I'm in disbelief that this is a bug because there's nothing subtle about it. Someone just needs to explain to me why this is normal and expected behavior and then I'll promise to get a good night's rest and start tomorrow a fresh day.

I'm using LV2017 f2 32-bit on Windows 10 64 bit.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,310 Views)

I'm using LV 2014 so I can't configure for read only access, but it looks to be a bug.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,285 Views)

Confirmed on my 2017, it seems the "Read only" still writes and thus empties the data.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,214 Views)

After confirming this in my LabVIEW 2017 as well, I did some searching and found that R&D is aware of this issue. Unfortunately there's not a listed workaround right now. The CAR number is 663379, so keep an eye out for future patches/releases for a potential fix.

Claire M.
Technical Support
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Message 4 of 5
(3,176 Views)

As discussed in the LAVA crosspost thread, a well placed Always Copy seems to fix this until there is an official fix.

Message 5 of 5
(3,156 Views)