LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panel auto-resizing control weirdness

I have my main panel set to resize automatically. (It might run on a 1280x720, or a 1920x1080 monitor, and I wanted to make it as "responsive" as possible and fill the screen)

Problem is, and it seems random, my controls get "funky" after a while, and short of replacing and rebuilding all my custom gauges, I cant figure out how to move elements of the gauge that have been auto-resized off the visible part of the gauge. Really annoying....  I can't even figure out how I got the multi color scale reading in the first place. Not intuitive at all. Clicking on the scale meter with the paint brush paints other points on the scale, seemingly unrelated to what you're clicking on.

here's a screenshotGauges "ruined" by auto-resizing

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,427 Views)

Nevermind - found the wrench/tweezer setting in the Custom control editor. Still - some pretty nasty work to resolve a bogus auto-resizing.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,399 Views)

I recommend staying away from any auto-scaling on controls because you'll often find situations like this happen.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,381 Views)

Ha! Can we agree that in a perfect world (Labview 2018??), this shouldn't happen - controls should resize nicely? 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,377 Views)