LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panasonic FZ-G1 tablet

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to use the physical buttons on the bottom of a Panasonic FZ-G1 tablet.  There are 7 physical buttons, A1, A2, Volume Down, Volume Up, Windows key, Rotate Lock and Power.  I am interested in using the A1 and possibly the A2 button. 

I was assuming that they might look like a keyboard.  I've tried using a Key Down? event.  Looking at VKey in the event data shows VolumeUp or VolumeDown for their respective keys, but nothing for A1 or A2.  I've tried the VIs in the Connectivity>Input device Control pallet, but no results as a keyboard, mouse or joystick for any of the buttons.

Anybody have any ideas?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(8,502 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JohnEE

Seems I figured it out.  In Control Panel>Tablet PC Settings, there is a Buttons tab where I was able to change the function of the A1 and A2 buttons.  I selected the Action "Press a Key or Key Combination" and made that combination "Ctrl+Shift+1."  Then using the Acquire Input Data.vi I get 1, LCONTROL, LSHIFT, in the output array.  Using the Key Down? event, I get ! (33) in the Char event data and Shift and Control in the PlatMods data.  Easy peasy!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(8,477 Views)

OK - excellent solution but ... How might I automate the setting up of the buttons action - preferably from inside LabVIEW or possibly a batch file?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(8,183 Views)

Hi, I have a similar issue in a FZ-G1, at the BIOS the A2 button appears assigned to the F2 key, but in Windows10 at Control Panel, Tablet PC settings only the A1 button appears to be configured and there's no option to add another button.

Do you have any suggestion to proceed ?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,527 Views)

Is your fz-g1 equipped with the barcode reader option?

if so, the A2 button always set to activate the reader.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,968 Views)

I managed to configure the buttons directly by writing to the following registry key:

HKCU\Control Panel\\TabletPC\\ButtonMaps

What I did: 

• Configured the buttons manually using the control panel.
  • Then looked at the registry key mentioned above and copied the values.
  • Programmed my own C# application to automatically write those keys on startup.

Similar should be possible using a batch file that writes a *.reg file.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,055 Views)