From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palette Hover Open Time

How can I speed up the sub-palette hover open time?  

For example, I right click on block diagram.  Then if i immediately click on "structures" to open that sub-palette, It doesn't open!  I have to hover over it.  Alternatively, I don't click at all - i just hover.  This hover time is maybe half a second or so, but it is so annoying to wait.  Is there a way to change this behavior? Perhaps, when I immediately click, it will open the subpalette?

I noticed also that if you immediately click, and it doesn't open, the mouse position has to change for labview to register it and open the subpalette.  Meaning that if i just leave my mouse hovering, but there is no cursor movement, it will not pop open no matter how long the hover time.

To be clear this is related to navigating the palettes when accessing them through a right click.  When the palette is pinned, hovering does nothing, but the sub-palette opens immediately on a click. 

I can't be the only one to experience this particular frustration (among others).  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,167 Views)

Again I'll say what I assume Darren would say.  Use Quick Drop.  Only use the palette for things you are unfamiliar with.

Message 2 of 2
(2,145 Views)