LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packed library and classes error 1498

Hi,

I am trying to develop plugin application using packed libraries but I have some probem with loading the library. I can describe the issue:

I have 3 packed libraries:

lvpplA containing class A (parent)

lvpplB containing class B (child of A)

When the application starts, lvpplA is loaded dynamically from the folder and class A is load by Get LV Class Default Value.vi. When the class is loaded, it starts searching its children in the subfolders. It founds lvpplB and try to load class B. However, the function fails with error 1498 LabVIEW:  Library has errors. Fix the errors before attempting this operation.

When I run the app again from the IDE, it works ok without error. It is probably because the A is already in memory but why it does not work during the first run ... 

Message 1 of 5
(3,316 Views)

Dear Charlie,

this problem sounds like you are unable to load the plugin libraries, most likely because of missing dependencies from vi.lib and instr.lib and such. From an architectural point of view, you have to aim for self-contained plugins that have all the required dependencies inbuilt. I recommend building source distros from the plugin libraries.

Alternatively, you can include static references of the plugin classes somewhere in the application. This I cannot recommend as a final solution, but it should clear up the links.

Regards: 

Andrew Valko
National Instruments Hungary
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,261 Views)

I have the same error 1498. I use LV2018 ,in the labVIEW mode it can run. but when I build to app, have the error 1498.

when I do not use the “get LV Class Default Value.vi”,not dynamic load actor ,the build app can run succeed。

if  I want to dynamic load actor  what should I do ,how to modify the app build setting?

xin
Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA)
Certified TestStand Architect (CTA)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,244 Views)

By any chance, you're using VIM files in the packed library? - those are not supported.

On another post, the user had a coworker develop a PPL in 2020 using the sort 1D array VIM when loaded in caused trouble and resulted in 1498 and they narrowed it to the VIM.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,238 Views)

Hi,

The packed libraries works fine now, but I do not remeber what the problem was. Do you have all the DLL (lvanlys.dll, ...) in the folder with the packed libraries ?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,232 Views)