From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packed Project Library VI Connector Pane EMPTY

Solved!
Go to solution

I developed a simple Test VI to test passing data between a LabVIEW VI and Packed Project Library VI.

I created connector pane on a Public Packed Project Library VI and the one active terminal is a Text Box RefNum. 

However, when the Packed Project VI is placed on another Projects VI Block diagram, the connector pane is not there? My intention was to wire a string reference and use 'User defined string event' to pass string data to the packed project Project VI.

The Queue method works fine in passing data but also wanted to check out using a string reference wired to a connector pane.

Why is the connector panel EMPTY?

Attached is the Front Panel of the Packed Project VI with connector pane showing terminal of the TextBox RefNum control. The VI is also attached.

Anthony L..

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(931 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anthony_L

I built the ppl in LV 2020 and it seems to have the ref connected to the pane.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 2 of 5
(913 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anthony_L

Try to rebuild your packed library, the terminal should be there.

Also, are you sure you are referencing your packed library from the correct path ?

raphschru_0-1670493501718.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(882 Views)

Thank You. I am using LabVIEW 14 SP1. Not sure if the problem is with this version. An earlier reply also was able to get the Connector terminal to show up in LabVIEW 2021. I will try again.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(877 Views)

Hello:

And yes I am using the right Packed Library VI. Because I place that VI on my Block diagram after referencing the PPL package via saved path. There is only one such path on my PC for the compiled library.

Anthony

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(872 Views)