cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package manager thinks it's already installed even with all NI files removed

Solved!
Go to solution

HI,

I had installed a beta version of LabVIEW 2020 but i was having compatibility problems with the DAQmx version 19.6 drivers (as far as i am aware, this is the latest version). I decided to try a trial version of labVIEW 2019 instead so I first uninstalled all NI software from the 2020 download using the package manager and finally uninstalled package manager from the control panel.

There are no more NI files anywhere on my pc but when i try to run the installation of package manager it gives me the message "Package is already installed. No operation will be performed". How can I resolve this issue? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,691 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rhaslam

How did you determine "There are no more NI files anywhere on my pc"?

Did you check in "C:\Users\<Your username>\AppData\Roaming" and "C:\Users\<Your username>\AppData\Local"?  AppData is hidden by default and may not get searched, or if you just looked under "Program Files" you might not have seen it.

"C:\ProgramData" also is hidden and also has NI files put there.

Also, even if all of those files are gone, there's still the Windows registry. Any of the registry keys Windows puts there could be preventing your install as well.

Message 2 of 4
(2,678 Views)

Hi Kyle,

I did initially not check any of the hidden folders. After deleting the National Instruments folders in the app data and program data folders I was able to start the download process of LabVIEW 2019 with the package manager. However before I can begin the download I get this message "Unable to load MIFSystemUtility DLL". Could the two issues be related?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,656 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rhaslam

It sounds like you did not uninstall everything completely, and there are some leftover things in the registry.

Try following the steps in this article: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000015CbwSAE&l=en-US

Message 4 of 4
(2,653 Views)