LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package manager missing along with NIUninstaller, can't install LabVIEW 2020

Hi,

I installed LabVIEW 2018 32 bit (not sure why, I needed 2019) a while back on Windows 10 with the FRC Game Tools update suite from 2019. I'm not sure what I could have done or possibly messed up, but the shortcut to the package manager when I tried to uninstall it recently was visible but not usable - it gave the message that says "This file is probably missing or uninstalled. Want to get rid of the shortcut?" or something along those lines. I deleted it, not knowing what to do, and now I'm in a bit of a predicament.

Programs and Features doesn't show anything related to NI, so I can't uninstall anything from there, but if I try to reinstall the package manager, it doesn't let me, saying that there's already one. However, if I try to install the 2020 version, it gives an error saying it can't find it and won't install - there's no folder or anything for it in the Shared folder in either of the Program Files. I can't reinstall 2018's version because it's no longer offered on the download page for FRC; I could ask somebody if they have the installer, but I doubt they would because it's pretty old and I could run into the same problem installing as with 2020's version. So... what should I do?

Although there's no NIUninstaller folder, I did find something with the name of uninst.exe buried in some folders, but running it tells me to uninstall it in Programs & Features.

I'd really appreciate any tips - it seems like nobody else has had this problem. This was a pretty dumb mistake 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,360 Views)

LabVIEW 2020 hasn't been released yet.  It will come out in May during NI Week.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,321 Views)