From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXImc support for LV2019

We want to use PXImc modules in our PXI setup but when I try to install the PXImc drivers from the website or from the NI package manager I only see the version for LV2018. We tried copying the pximc folder from the vi.lib to the Labview 2019 vi.lib but labview marks the vi's as broken and there is no way to look intoo them because they are password protected.

Does someone has a solution for or does anyone know if there is a LV2019 version coming out in the near future, or maybe even a beta version we can try? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,922 Views)

Hi Bas,

Sorry about the time you've been waiting to hear back on this. Hopefully you found a workaround in the meantime, but I just wanted to close the loop here.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem as if there are any options for using this with LV2019 that are officially supported. For yourself (and anyone else wondering this), is there a reason you cannot currently use LabVIEW 2018?

Thanks,

Nick

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,838 Views)

RT Linux for PXI is only available for LV2019 and we are currently running that on the PXI.Is there a main reason why it's not supported for LV2019?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,834 Views)

I would strongly guess that your 2018 version is for Windows. And that your PXImc VIs access DLLs to do some of the PXI magic (they might not and only access VISA but why would they password protect the VIs in that case).

Without the compatible Linux .so file to replace the Windows DLL the VIs of course can't work then. This could mean that the Linux version of your PXImc library simply doesn't exist yet. As far as the Installers on the NI product page would indicate that is the case. The latest version 18.0 is for Windows 7, 8, 10 and it says LabVIEW Realtime but at that point there was no LabVIEW Realtime for NI Linux PXI systems. So that installer does not contain the necessary Linux drivers and the reasons that 19.0 should contain that support is most likely the reason why it hasn't been released yet. 

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,819 Views)