LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe chassis not communicating

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a NI PXIe-1071 chassis with a NI PXIe-8360 controller and a EC card.  The chassis also has a NI PXIe-2596 100 relay switch.

The power and link light are both green.

MAX does not "see" any PXI instruments.

I have installed NI Switch 4.4 and PXI platform services 3.0.4

Can anybody tell me what I am missing?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,858 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sjmtech

To better help you solve this issue; I had some of questions and wanted to confirm a couple of things.

1. Do you have the DAQmx Drivers installed, and if so what version.
  2. When you say the “MAX does not see any PXI instruments”, I am assuming you mean that MAX does not even see the PXI chassis. Is this correct?
  3. Are you starting the PXI before you start your computer?
  4. Have you been able to see the device in MAX previously?

In the future you may find it easier to get a response if you post a question like this on the PXI Hardware Board

Brandon L.
Automation Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,839 Views)

1. I have not installed the DAQmx drivers but I am downloading version 9.6 now.  It should be about 30 minutes before it is completely installed.

2.It does not see the chassis. 

3. I have started the PXI chassis before starting the computer. 

4. It has never seen the chassis.  This is the first time I have used PXI or PXIe.

I am thinking that Number 1 is the piece of the puzzle that is missing.  I will let you know how it goes.

BTW -- Thanks for answering.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,832 Views)

How you are connecting the PXI through a network or have connected directly to the PC?. Make sure the cable is correct.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,830 Views)

Thanks for the help.  I needed DAQmx installed.  Now I can see the chassis and control the switch.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,823 Views)